Call for Submissions: Impugning Impunity 2015
IMPUGNING IMPUNITY 2015
THE CALL FOR ENTRIES IS NOW OPEN
We are now accepting submissions for Impugning Impunity 2015: ALBA’s human rights documentary film festival. Impugning Impunity underscores ALBA’s commitment to upholding the values of the U.S. volunteers who fought fascism in the Spanish Civil War, bringing human rights struggles to life with the presentation of recent and independent human rights documentaries.
Deadline for submissions: August 20, 2015
Notification of selection: September 15, 2015
Film Festival: October 26 – October 28, 2015 at Instituto Cervantes, New York
Eligibility & Submission:
1. All documentaries must address a human rights related topic.
2. All films must have been completed after January 1, 2014.
3. Films will be accepted for consideration in two categories: Short Films: from 5 to 30 minutes, and Feature Films from over 30 minutes to 120 minutes.
4. Special consideration will be given to young and independent filmmakers.
5. All submissions must be made through filmfreeway.com.
6. Films must be in English or have English subtitles.
7. By submitting your film, you grant ALBA the right to utilize any excerpt from your submitted film for promotional purposes.
A distinguished jury will award the best film from the Official Selection with the Harry Randall Award for Best Human Rights Documentary Feature. This award was created in memory of Harry W. Randall, Jr. (1915-2012) who served in the Abraham Lincoln Brigade as Chief Photographer of the Photographic Unit of the 15th International Brigade during the Spanish Civil War. The festival will also award a prize to the Best Documentary Short.
|Rachel Beth Anderson||Francisco Goldman||Patricio Guzmán||Sam Sills|
For further information, please email filmfestival@alba-valb.